Rowing Sports Center
While conceiving the town-planning and architectural concept of the Center, we set ourselves the solution of three most important tasks:
- creation of a sports complex that meets all the requirements of the International Rowing Federation FISA for holding competitions of the highest level;
- reclamation of the coastal areas of Lake Sredniy Kaban (former ash dumps), disturbed during the production activities of CHPP-1;
- return to the townspeople for active recreation of the embankments of one of the most beautiful inland water bodies of the city of Kazan.
Accepted architectural and planning solutions:
- creation of a bypass channel with a length of 420 meters with the placement of stands and a finishing tower on the island part;
- terracing of a section of the finish zone with a decrease in the territory in the boathouse zone, which simultaneously solves two problems: barrier-free access of athletes to water and removal of contaminated soil on an area of 2.7 hectares;
- Creation of comfortable embankments with a bicycle path of more than 5 km and a recreational area for citizens.